MANTAP SKALI

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hobby (Part 2)

Of course, being a teenager my interest at that time incline more towards novel. Err.. don’t ask me the titles, even though I still can remember the names and the authors. Its because the evolution of the hormones, I guess. And at the same time my elder sisters start to buy their own collection of novels. My allowance for my schooling was also permitted me to buy my own. So,I have a lot of books to read.

Until one day, I read Jibam (by Ujang, a famous cartoonist at that time). It changed my perception on readings. Not that it made me stop reading, instead its open my mind to be more selective on my reading. Novels (in Malay) if I can say are almost all about love, greediness, lust and not to forget about jealousy. I am bored to read the same things over and over again. It just like watching Yusof Haslam’s movies. Named me any movies (directed by him), I can assure you there will be big motorbikes, night clubs scenes, his house, police and other easy-to-predict scenes. Err! No offence to Skop Production’s fan, please. :)

Then, I began to find books that satisfy me.

I failed.

Lots of book that I love to read either too expensive or only available in English. English book is like a sacred to me. Not that I never read any English book, it just that I always end up reading the dictionary. And I was (and still) also not a library-friendly.
Then, it’s the end of my first hobby.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home