MANTAP SKALI

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hobby (Part 1)

I believe everyone has her/his own hobby. I am included.

Before that, what is hobby? According to dictionary.com, hobby means “an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation”.

Hmm… but I believe hobby can be made as main occupation.

So what is my hobby? My hobby changed through out the years. I once fell in love with books. To be specific, story books. It started when I was in primary school. There was a competition for book reading, which I cant remember what it is called. You have to jot down in a report book for every single book you’ve read; the lesson learnt, the author, the publisher and etc. I started with the intention to get the numbers, which by end of the year the one with more books will be rewarded. I did read a lot but I have never won. Sigh.

Its (the competition) actually didn’t bother me. It has turned out to become my habit. I love to read regardless whether there’s a competition or not. I never give a damn on the report book then. I still remember, I love to read “Ceritalah Lagi”, it’s a blue covered book with more than 5 stories inside. Its all about legend, myths in yesteryears time. You know, those like “Hikayat Garuda Sakti”, “Puteri Tempayan” etc. Its fun.

English book? I am not sure whether there was any English book in the library. Ahahaha! I mean, of course there were lots of English book in there, but it was not in my list at all.

The hobby continues until I further my study to secondary school. Type of book has changed; no more stories with super duper power which enable the prince to kill a flying giant bird with only a bamboo spear. Ehehe!

(to be continued)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home