MANTAP SKALI

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Nur Hanim

Nur Hanim bt Sharulnizam.

That’s my daughter. Last Saturday, she celebrates her third birthday.She was born on March 1, 2005 at Pusat Perubatan Ibukota, Sentul. I still remember on that day I went to accompany my wife for her check-up. It’s a routine, as she was required to have a weekly check-up towards end of her pregnancy period. While waiting, I SMS”ed” to Kak Sha, that I might be late to the office. Yeah, I still a SKALIAN on that day. :)

Kamilah, my wife, went upstairs for CTG reading. It took quite sometimes, longer than usual, and I start to feel that today might be the day. 30 minutes later, a nurse came down and said;

“Encik Sharul ye? Isteri encik bersalin hari ni kot, bukaan dah 4 cm dah”

Hah! Its expected, but actually hard to believe. My wife didn’t show much symptoms or signals as she did when she gave birth on our first child. Immediately, I went upstairs to my dearest wife. She was on a bed, wired all over her tummy but still able to give her adorable smile.

So then, whats happened two years earlier was happening again that day. I was with my wife since her being warded until she safely delivered Nur Hanim.

Nur Hanim, was born with 3.9 kg in weight and the deliverance was normal. I can see hows my wife struggled and having all the painful, while I couldn’t do much except encouraging her to be strong. And as usual, once we see the baby, we couldn’t stop the tears from dropping down. Alhamdulillah.

Well, gentlemen. I would recommend you to be in the labor room with your wife (if you have the chance) and go through the miracle moments. Then, you will be more grateful to your wife and you will find how strong the women are.

Lastly, for my beloved daughter, happy birthday. Abah sayang Hanim!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • i totally agree with you on the advice that husbands should accompany their wives in the labor room. nad like you said, men will appreciate women more when they see what they go through in the labor room. i remember the time when i was in the labor room during my son's delivery. it was such an amazing moment, i was so happy that i actually shed some tears. i had mixed feelings that day as i was also petrified seeing the ordeal my wife went thru .... mmm i love you nur...

    By Blogger Fakha, At March 4, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Hanim !!!

    Ask your daddy for a very big present kay ..hehehe..

    By Blogger ijazainal, At March 4, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

  • congratulations as being a father of a cute daughter

    By Blogger ~aku~, At March 26, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home